HERE’S A TIMELINE SHOWING THE PROGRESSION OF OUR SHOP OPENINGS.
October 2015 – Chanhassen
- On October 1, 2015, we opened our 22nd shop in Chanhassen. It’s in a newly built development Southeast of Highway 5 & Market Boulevard. Fun Fact: It’s our fourth shop to open on October 1st (including our flagship store on Cleveland & Grand!)
November 2010 – Richfield shop moved 2 blocks
- On November 1, 2010, we relocated our Richfield shop on 66th & Penn Ave S to 64th & Penn Ave S (previously Naviya’s Thai Kitchen.) On November 2, 2010, we reopened our doors to our beautiful new location!
November 2007 – Downtown Minneapolis shop moved 1 block
- On November 12, 2007 we relocated our Downtown Minneapolis shop one block from its original spot to make room for the new CVS Pharmacy. The new design and decor at 1242 Hennepin Avenue is fabulous!
June 2007 – Rogers
- Our most recent shop opening was our Rogers location, just north of 94 at Highway 101 and 141st Street. We opened on June 5th of 2007.
December 2003 – Savage
- We focus on the south metro again and open our Savage location near County Road 42 and Highway 13 on December 11 of 2003.
July 2001 – Woodbury
- A few weeks later Woodbury is ready to go and opens its doors near Valley Creek and Donegal Drive on July 31st
June 2001 – Golden Valley
- As we move into the new millennium we build two shops simultaneously. Golden Valley opens at 55 and Winnetka on June 8th.
April 1999 – Coon Rapids
- We then look to the north to find a good location in an underserved market. Coon Rapids is just starting to develop and we open on April 15th in 1999 near Highway 10 and Round Lake Boulevard.
October 1996 – Plymouth
- In 1996 we open our third shop to share in the October 1 opening date. Plymouth is our largest free standing restaurant built near the corner of Highway 55 and Fernbrook.
November 1995 – Edina
- In 1995 our shop in Edina becomes a reality. Finally the ownership finds a great location in their own neighborhood and we were happy to open our doors on November 17th.
July 1993 – Downtown Minneapolis
- Another two years and we open on July 9th in Downtown Minneapolis as part of the Laurel Village Complex taking over the vacant spot that used to be Pizza Lite.
December 1991 – Eden Prairie
- It would be two years until we opened another location – this one on the busy 212/Eden Prairie corridor. Another Country Kitchen remodel and we opened our 5th free standing restaurant on December 18 of 1991.
May 1989 – Eagan
- Our second shop south of the river, our Eagan location, opened at near Cliff Road and I-35E on May 26, 1989.
December 1987 – Burnsville
- 1987 was a busy year as just after moving the Bloomington shop 12 blocks we opened one of three shops south of the river. We opened our Burnsville location on December 29th of 1987.
December 1986 – Arden Hills
- It was two years later when we opened in Arden Hills. On December 12th of 1986 we joined the shops at Shannon Square just south of 694 on Lexington Avenue.
August 1984 – East Side
- One year later we purchased an old Country Kitchen on the East Side of St. Paul at I-94 and White Bear Avenue. With our remodel complete, East Side became our 4th free standing restaurant when it opened the doors on August 16th of 1984.
July 1983 – Minnetonka
- We needed to move west so we set our sights on an old Motorcyle Dealership in Minnetonka. We opened the doors as Pontillo’s on July 1 of 1983. On August 15th of that year we changed our name to DAVANNI’S.
October 1982 – Roseville
- We added to our locations with a shop in Roseville on Perimeter Drive. It was our second shop to open on October 1st, this time in 1982.
December 1981 – Brooklyn Center
- Later in the year we found a site in Brooklyn Center across from the old LaBelle’s. This was to become our first free standing restaurant and it also was built with our first game room. BC opened its doors on December 17th of 1981.
January 1981 – Uptown
- On January 16, 1981 we opened our first hoagie only shop at the corner of Hennepin and Lake. Our pastrami, veggie and Italian sausage hoagies were added to the menu and it was one of two shops offering tater curls and fritas. By October 2nd we had added pizzas.
June 1979 – Bloomington
- Later that year, we found a location in Bloomington – the former Betty Crocker’s Pie Shoppe – and opened with our only rotating oven on June 9 of 1979. We would later move to 86th and Lyndale to an old Bridgeman’s and have been there since 1987.
March 1979 – Richfield
- As we continued to build momentum we set our sights on an old appliance store in Richfield that brought us closer to where the owners grew up. We opened our Richfield shop on March 17, 1979 at 66th and Penn.
April 1977 – Riverside
- We decided on our second location on the other side of the river at 25th and Riverside. We opened our number two shop on April 15, 1977.
October 1975 – Cleveland & Grand
- On October 1, 1975 we opened our doors at Cleveland and Grand at 4:00. We would not be open for lunch until the following April.