Category: News | May 1, 2020
Sauce for a Cause
For the months of May and June, we are partnering with Second Harvest Heartland, a Minnesota-based food shelf and distributor, for Sauce for a Cause. For every jar of Davanni’s Pasta Sauce we sell at our Davanni’s restaurants, we will be donating a jar to Second Harvest Heartland! You can add one, two, three… to your order when you call or order online! Available for Takeout, Curbside & Delivery.
Our goal is to exceed 1,000 jars of pasta sauce sold (which means we’ll be able to donate 1,000 jars to Second Harvest Heartland!)
Some information about Second Harvest Heartland:
- Our mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
- We are one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations.
- Second Harvest Heartland provides emergency food for more than 532,000 people across 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- One in 11 people in our region is hungry even though there is more than enough food to feed everyone.
- One in eight Minnesota kids is hungry.
- 10% of the individuals served by Second Harvest Heartland are seniors over the age of 60.
“The meals here mean a chance for hope. You don’t have to worry about how you’re going to survive.” – Chris, Second Harvest Heartland meal program participant
Last Updated: 5/27/20