Category: News | May 1, 2020
Sauce for a Cause
We are partnering with Second Harvest Heartland, a Minnesota-based food shelf and distributor, for Sauce for a Cause. For every jar of Davanni’s Pasta Sauce we sell at our Davanni’s restaurants, we will be donating a jar to Second Harvest Heartland! You can add one, two, three… to your order when you call or order online! Available for Dine-in, Takeout, Curbside & Delivery. This will happen for a limited time only through the summer.
Our goal is to exceed 1,000 jars of pasta sauce sold (which means we’ll be able to donate 1,000 jars to Second Harvest Heartland!)
Some information about Second Harvest Heartland:
- Our mission is to end hunger through community partnerships.
- We are one of the nation’s largest, most efficient and most innovative hunger relief organizations.
- Second Harvest Heartland provides emergency food for more than 532,000 people across 59 counties in Minnesota and western Wisconsin.
- One in 11 people in our region is hungry even though there is more than enough food to feed everyone.
- One in eight Minnesota kids is hungry.
- 10% of the individuals served by Second Harvest Heartland are seniors over the age of 60.
“The meals here mean a chance for hope. You don’t have to worry about how you’re going to survive.” – Chris, Second Harvest Heartland meal program participant
Last Updated: 8/24/20